Friday, May 9

One Week Gone..

Salam..


Random view from the windows..


I just couldn’t believe that it’s already been 5 days since I started my internship. Hehe.. The first 3 days were really quite tiring, but slowly adjusting, I’m finally feeling quite alright now.. ;-) Did I mention I was doing a research? Well, it’s coming along nicely, and the only hurdle my partner and I are facing is in the preparation of the sample itself because it’s quite tedious in a sense that we spent 3 to 4 hours daily (well, at least in our first three days) just to weigh it.

Woah, 3 to 4 hours?!!

Yep, that much time is needed because we’re dealing with micron size precision. Of course, even one small dust would have it’s own weight, so you can just imagine how hard it is to get samples weighing just a bit more than that. Nevertheless, after 3 days worth of practicing (and that same amount of days of failed attempts.. Aduh, DPPH ku.. Terbuang camtu je.. LoL), finally today we finished the weighing process in just 1 and a half hours.. Yay! Haha.. Now, we have ample time to rest and relax.. =)



Edited using PhotoDJ.. LoL.. =)


Anyway, one advice to anyone who aspires to further their studies in Masters of PhD, or is interested in becoming a researcher, if you don’t like these sorts of things (I mean spending a LOT of time in preparing samples, doing the same thing everyday, not patient, always want to finish early so tipu-tipu data – I know, I know, sometimes I did it too, LoL – and all), please rethink your choice, because you might regret it in the future.

Anyway, I really like my supervisor. She’s the sort of a person who is gila-gila enough that you won’t feel awkward dealing with her, but still has a dash of severity (and seriousness) especially when doing her work. =) She gives us (my partner and I) a lot of space to be independent and only guides us from time to time especially when it involves the DPPH sample..

DPPH??

Haha.. It’s actually a type of free radical that we use in our experiment. It’s dangerous as much as it’s pretty (anything that is purple is pretty in my standards, LoL, though it depends…). And it’s very expensive (she told us that it’s currently priced at $800 per gram) so we have to be very careful when dealing with it. 2 reasons;

  • It’s a free radical – yep, those things you were warned about in mags n books alike because it’s the cause of a myriad of sickness in our body..
  • It’s expensive!

Haha.. Still, it’s quite fun to be here. Look forward to weekends starting tomorrow to unwind and relax. Haha.. Wish me luck, guys.. Really want to finish it early because we are already behind schedule as it is..

Will post more later. Thanks for reading..
=)



Colours, colours... =)

2 comments:

Well, what do you think?