Saturday, May 17

ITEX

Salam..

It's been a week already since I've went to ITEX, but a promise is still a promise right? Hehe.. I've drafted parts of it, only I didn't quite have enough time to finish it off.. Nevertheless, let's take a visit down memory lane, shall we (that is, before I forget d details... lol..)

...

ITEX

Actually, I would never have known about this event if my friend Nad hadn't sms me,


rina, jom pegi KLCC weekend ni?

eh? jauhnya.. de pape ke nak gi sana? Kinokuniya eh? ;-)

ITEX - International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition! Nak tengok ktorg punya part ada masuk x..


....and that practically sums up our reason to head there.. So, with excited hearts, we braved the full LRT and putra trains to get to the 'Sun'..

Of course, with Nad, food is a must. Lol.. So, after meeting at Kinokuniya, with Nad bagging a few books (or was it one only??) including the Sophie Kinsella (is it the right spelling, I wonder.. Haha.. Sorry if it's mistaken, Shopahilic fans..), we went straight for a drink downstairs..

And managed to get :

Waffle with banana slices and yam icecream ~ nad's


Peach with conservative vanilla icecream ~ mine!

While eating away, and trading various stories of our internship experience sofar, and discussing those of our friends, told her of the tragic-story-but-somewhat-funny thing that happened.. Wanna know what it is? Haha.. Maybe later.. ;-)

Next, we headed to the convention centre, while snapping away.. Haha.. I just loved taking pictures, which is such a pity considering I don't have a camera.. The only one I have is my vga phone camera, which is not that great, but still, quite dependable. ;-) Hopefully I'll get the camera this time around.. lol..



Believe it of not, this was a candid picture of nad.. Haha.. Just love the perspective.. =)


And tried another for myself, only it did not work quite what I've expected, still, OKla.. ;-)



The Convention Centre


At first, we were quite apprehensive coz there does not seems to be a crowd there.. Did we came at the wrong time?? But then, when we enter the gratefully cool surroundings (did you notice that the rain have been absent for a loooooooong time? It sure is hot..), the sight of people zipping in and out and rushing here and there sooths our nerves.. =) We did come to the right place after all!! Haha..


Another candid photo.. Haha.. Nad would be so furious!! lalalala..


Got our VISITOR stickers and went into the fray..


There was a lot of booths that day, and the pameran was a very educational one.. But one thing that I'm proud of is that we're not clueless when reading all those techie notes and words.. At least we know what the **** the inventor means when he/she describes their process and invention. Snapped a few pics on the posters but dunno if I can post it coz the owner might not approve, so bear with me ok..

Hehe.. Found some infos about hydroxyapatite (it's a type of catalyst..), which to me, is significant because of this one thing, but I'll save that one for later yea.. I firmly hold to the principle,
"You need not unsaid the things you never needed to say in the first place"
~a Yamani proverb (and this Yamani is a fictional one k.. No need to search it up.. Haha..

So I'll only tell when it's fail-proof and sure.. ;-)

Also get to play with some things, as an example, this :


A type of a system that converts what you type directly into Morse code and the receiver which also uses the same system can decipher it directly into words, as opposed to having a personnel listening intently to the beep beep beep all the time.. =)


The people who guarded this particular exhibit were either too tired to ask us not to abuse the thing, or simply laughing at our backs coz it's somewhat childish! Haha.. Still, I like the spontaneity.. Lol.. =)

Then, had some cornflakes cookies.....


Haha.. We were munching on these...


And these.....


And took our sweet time looking at this one.. =) And take one bite.. It tastes funny yea.. I wonder.....



...Only to found out the last one was made from THIS!!! Haha.. Only that it was made from the biji, not the isi.. =) No wonder it tastes different!

And the first two were made from this! =) Haha..


Is this some type of UFO? Or a fan?


Nah.. It's a solar-powered cooker.. =)


And Nad asks this one question.. "Eh, they said it was used for campers who loves camping and jungle-trekking right? How can we use it when there's no sun? Or when the sun is obscured by the trees??" Hmm.. So that means we have to cook only during daylight? And while we're at it, find a spot that has constant sunlight? Hee.. A pity we didn't ask the inventor that day.. Maybe the thing can store the electricity, coz I'm sure the person has add up all the problems eyh.. Hee..

Stopped by at UM's booth, but couldn't find Hilman.. Hee.. And we were looking through the posters when one of the exhibitors approach us and starts to describe all about his business-for-researchers-learning-tool.. Hehe.. Answered a questionnaire and got a Kit-Kat free! Lol.. Thanks Mr!

Also spend quite some time at UKMs' and met a lecturer of mine.. My Mechanics Design lecturer, in fact.. Apparently she won gold medal for her invention involving fuel cell.. Couldn't remember the full title though.. Haha.. =)

Afterwards, at 3 something, we began to head back to Suria for our late-but-well-deserved-lunch.. After debating over the various choices, we chose Nandos.. =)


My lunch.. Yummy!


And before heading back, managed to grab a few books at Times Bookshop.. =) Almost emptied my purse, but, well, I've stopped myself one time too many, and I'm not going down!


My purchase.. =)


Oh well, it's been quite an experience.. Hehe.. Thanks to Nad for inviting me, and keeping up with my apparent craziness.. ;-) Haha..

And thank you for reading!
=)

2 comments:

  1. ih,.. sedap je makan,...

    again *benci blogger yang ske tunjuk gambar makanan*

    beta lapor!!

    itex tuh tak salah UMP pown ada masuk ... dgr dpt 14 medal... tatau la...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jap lupa... ko bagi la aku buku2 yang besttuk dibaca... sejak harry potter takde nih, aku rasa tak best dah membaca2 nih... k

    ReplyDelete

Well, what do you think?