Thursday, October 28

Design of Experiments and Design Expert


What it is all about.. ;-)

Salam..

I went to FST (Faculty of Science and Technology) today for a short course on design of experiments. Well, mainly it focuses on the usage of Design Expert software for designing our experiment according to the specific objectives that we wish to obtain.

It is very informative, especially since I sincerely think that design is first and foremost when doing experiments, and unfortunately as someone from an engineering background, I don't think that I'm fully trained on the experimental design side of experiments. Sometimes when my dad ask me questions about my research methodology, I'm quite stumped to answer the theoretical part (he always asks me about t-test, post test, and such).

"Engineers use the theories, scientists develop it" is basically what I've been taught. So sometimes it is quite hard to imagine the importance of it, which is why some exposure to this part of research methodology is very important.

Oh well, have to get back to the course. Will update on more of the importance later!

The software! =)

Thanks for reading.

And sorry if the subject bores you to death.. Hehe.. Sometimes I just open Blogger and write, and this is the result! Lol..

Me out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, what do you think?