Monday, February 23

My Miri Escapades...

Salam..

In my last post, I mentioned something about heading off to Miri right? Well, I had gone there for the Shell Recruitment Day. It has been a very interesting and enlightening experience, especially doing the exercises and meeting the people there.

One thing I certainly notice first is the friendliness of the people in Miri. We had some difficulties finding a halal restaurant for lunch + dinner, but in the end, everything came through. =) And very sorry for the lack of pictures, I didn't bring my camera because I was trying to keep things light, and if you've seen my camera, you'll know what I mean..

LoL..



Aerial view of Miri, taken from here..

Anyway, the SRD lasts for two days; the first is the prebriefing day which also includes practices for group discussion regarding the case study, while the second day is the real deal. But regardless of the results, I never regretted the decision to come because:
  1. I got the chance to go to Miri. Have never went there before, and now am jealous over the fact that it is so peaceful there. No traffic jams, no reckless drivers, very easy atmosphere and nice people.
  2. Met with and get to know a few great people; the other candidates (there were 5 of us altogether), the coordinator and the accessors. You felt welcomed and very much at ease with these people. =)
  3. Gain more experience in preparing myself for an interview, in this case, preparing for the other accessments as opposed to only interview.
  4. Just plain experience, which is a valuable lesson by itself because it shows me how I acted under stressful situations and how to overcome some of the things that I didn't expect I would do under that circumstances.
So, basically it was a good experience. And now, for the pictures, courtesy of one Mr Jackson :



The three out of four guys of our group. There's Gobi, Peter and Jackson (l-r) and the one missing is Ahmad. Yep, you guessed it, I'm the only girl there. Haha.. Nasib baik all of them is very gentlemen and did not bully me. LoL..



4/5th of the whole group.. =) Nice bunch of people, this is.. =p
(And that includes me! Angkat bakul sekejap..)




Yours truly, with Peter as the photographer.. Haha.. Kesian us, we had nothing else to do
after the interview that we pass the time taking pictures.. =)



Oh well, we certainly didn't have enough time to jalan-jalan in Miri because of the tight schedule, (and our dwindling pocket money.. *sob*), so anyone game on going Cuti-Cuti Malaysia??


Thanks for reading!
=)


ps : Seems like I have hutang tag to do, hehe.. Will try to update a-s-a-p okay? =) And in the ast picture, when I mean famous, its the picture behind us.. Haha.. Don't terkena punk'd k!!

=p

1 comment:

  1. Jackson Toh merupakan salah seorang rakan saya semasa saya berada dalam projek kolej semasa dalam tahun 2. Hehe.

    Kenal sangat la mamat sorang nih.

    ReplyDelete

Well, what do you think?