Thursday, December 1

I Remember, I Love, I Live

Salam..

Its already the first day of the last month of 2011. Oh, how fast time flies. I still remember making up lists of things to achieve earlier this year, and the list keeps on changing and evolving; some items were finished, some needed extra efforts and care, while certain additions had to be made to improve the whole picture.

That, to me, is what life means. There's only so much that I can plan ahead, be it original plan complete with contingency plans (or backup plan as I used to say). There can even be a no plan at all, just plunging-headfirst-into-the-unknown type of plan, which is hopefully limited to the most adventurous of us. But all in all, it boils down to our own desires.

One of the things my Dad taught me was the concept of SWOT analysis. To those who don't know, SWOT refers to S : strength, W : weaknesses, O : opportunities and T : threat. Actually one of the major decisions I've made regarding my choice of university was based on this (although there was some bias on the part of my parents, lol) which saw me ultimately become a UKM graduate. And I've never regretted that one decision even a bit! =))

Taken from Wikipedia.org
Dad, thank you for being who you are. Its true, nobody is perfect and this holds true for everyone in the whole wide world (except the Prophet Muhammad of course!) but in being your daughter, I've learn to accept people the way they are, imperfections and all. You taught me that what truly matters is whats inside our heart (our will and niat) rather than what is externally projected and paraded to the world. You've always stressed the importance of remembering where one comes from (our roots, in a sense), and let that ground oneself even when success (be it money, position, or even respect from others) comes around. Resam padi, semakin berisi, semakin tunduk. You've shown me why money should never become a major thing in our life, why earthy possessions were only temporary, why family is the most important thing in life and why I should always see both sides of a story (situation, sides and people included). Even when things were hard I could always find a silver lining among the dark clouds, and enjoy the smallest things in life.

This simple post could never truly portray the gratitude and love I feel, but I still wish to do so, at least to share it with anyone who wants to. =) So, without further ado,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!


Picture taken last year. Mom and Dad, at Kuala Lipis, Pahang.


ps : Aaaaand, last but not least, thank you for making life interesting (and difficult sometimes too, lol). Love you, Dad. And you too Mom, always.. =))

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, so sweet! :) Happy birthday pakcik :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.. Thanks cik Wan.. Will pass the wish straight to him later. =))

    ReplyDelete

Well, what do you think?